Saturday, February 24, 2007

Buffalo's Cobblestone District - The Bad


Now undergoing renovation along Mississippi Street, a block away from HSBC Arena, is this former loading dock structure, and that building is finally taking shape as the new home of Morrissey's Irish Pub.

So why am I labeling this "The Bad"? Well, basically the progress for this entire development, which includes a four story office building, retail space and 36 loft condominiums, has been agonizingly slow. Avalon Development and Savarino Construction got approval from the Buffalo Planning Board for this project way back in September, 2005, they launched this cool website and stuff is now getting done there in dribs and drabs.

I met proprietor Dennis Brinkworth during the Buffalo Old Home Week last August, and he then predicted a Thanksgiving opening; in December they said March 15. Check out the photo - does it look like they'll be pouring cold Guinness Stouts in three weeks?

My props to Savarino Construction for even taking this on... if it all gets built out (including the lofts) I'll give them all the love in the world for being the visionaries. But for now I guess you can call me impatient.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I had been searching as far as something that exact brand. The prices as regards the boots were about 340 dollars on every page. But finally I base this site selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good day bros. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging as far as something that meticulous model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are about 240 pounds on every site. But finally I set this area selling them for half price. I really love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what can you tell me about these?