Saturday, March 31, 2007

The Bisons break camp and head for Buffalo


Time to chime in a bit on Buffalo Bisons baseball, as the team held its final Spring Training game this afternoon in Winter Haven, Florida, and the team will head up to Buffalo tomorrow to set up shop here.

If anybody is counting, the Bisons ended their preseason schedule with a 3-5-3 record and one rainout. In the finale today, they lost to Toledo 5-3.

So now the countdown starts to Opening Day. Here are the planned activities:

Sun Apr 1 7:00PM... MLB Opening Night party at Pettibones Grill... $5 admission gets you free chicken wings and a free ticket to this Friday's game. Torey Lovullo and select Bisons players will be on hand.

Tue Apr 3 7-9PM and Wed Apr 4 2-4 PM... team practices, open to the media.

Thur Apr 5 3:05PM... Opening Day! The Richmond Braves are the opponent.

Just checked the updated long range forecast on weather.com... Thursday: High 33, snow shower/wind.

Uh boy... that does not sound good.

3 comments:

Jon Splett said...

Snow showers huh?

I guess I'll have to convince myself its like a warm Bills game instead of a freezing cold Bisons game.

Anonymous said...

It'll be 85 and sunny where I am on Thursday. Can't wait to read your report from Dunn Tire Park and feel like I'm there, but just a bit warmer!

Anonymous said...

No thanks I'll pass. When it gets warmer I will attend my first ever Bisons game. I promise!